Hip revision cup: treatment
treatment in a case of severe border defects of the acetabulum
- lateral position, we used the previous posterolateral incision, removed the screws, the augment and the rotated cup.
- local situation: severe posterior column defect and severe superolateral defect. Anterior column thinned, but intact.
- application of 3.5 reconstruction plate (DePuy-Synthes) in titan from the ischium to the ilium in the superolateral position, used to restore the posterior column and the lateral border.
- bone substitutes with growth factors
- Application of Lima revision cup
We restored the leg length, postoperative time: no limitation of movement, absence of full weigth bearing for about 6 weeks.
Link: turn to the case presentation
Please open the discussion and give us your comments: alternative incision, position and revision cup?