MIS minimal-invasive hip anterior
We offer surgery learning courses for the MIS anterior approach for hip replacement. If you are interested go to "Event" and register for the next appointments.
With the term "minimalinvasive anterior approach for hip replacement" is meant an approach with reduced soft tissue lesions during the procedure of hip replacement. Traditional stems but also shorter stems with reduced bone invasion coud be used. The anterior approach was for the first time described by Hueter and got more popular with the name of Smith-Peterson.
- anterior approach for the implantation of hip prosthesis
- minimalinvasive approach with protection of muscles and soft tissue
- fast postoperative recovery and low pain
- used at Bolzano since 2003 with Arch-table
- excellent postoperative outcome and results